Can CBD Help With Parkinson's? The Research --UltimateCBDWarehouse
Can CBD Help With Parkinson's? The Research
Parkinson's disease afflicts up to a million people in the United States. Sixty thousand new cases are documented by doctors each year. Studies show that men are at 1.5 times greater risk than women. The average age of onset is 60. Currently, there is not a cure for Parkinson's, but there are many drugs (both prescription and non-prescription) to alleviate some of the symptoms associated with the disease. The Ultimate CBD Warehouse will show you today how CBD may be able to help with Parkinson's based on scientific research.
Parkinson's disease has a progressive course and is characterized by the degeneration of dopaminergic neurons. Although no neuroprotective treatments for Parkinson's have been found to date, the endocannabinoid system has emerged as a promising target, bringing CBD into the mix.
According to the study “Effects of cannabidiol in the treatment of patients with Parkinson's disease: an exploratory double-blind trial” it was found that there is a possible effect of CBD in improving quality of life measures in Parkinson's patients.
According to another study “Cannabinoids in health and disease” clinical trials, the cannabinoid receptor agonist nabilone significantly reduced levodopa-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's. The study concluded that cannabinoids seem to be able to treat at least some symptoms of the neurological disease.
The scientific research in regards to Parkinson's Disease and CBD is undeniable. Now that the farm bill has been passed, more research will be performed to confirm what we now already know. CBD is beneficial in helping treat Parkinson's disease.
Quick Hits | Project CBD. https://www.projectcbd.org/parkinsons-disease
Can CBD Help With Parkinson's? The Research - Clinical Studies
Publishing of these studies was performed by the U.S. National Library of Medicine | National Institute of Health, a U.S. government health publishing website. Please click one of the documents below to review full clinical studies.
- Effects of cannabidiol in the treatment of patients with Parkinson's disease: an exploratory double-blind trial
- Cannabinoids in health and disease
- Effects of cannabidiol in the treatment of patients with Parkinson’s disease: An exploratory double-blind trial
- Prospects for cannabinoid therapies in basal ganglia disorders
- Evaluation of the neuroprotective effect of cannabinoids in a rat model of Parkinson’s disease: Importance of antioxidant and cannabinoid receptor-independent properties
- Cannabinoids provide neuroprotection against 6-hydroxydopamine toxicity in vivo and in vitro: relevance to Parkinson’s disease
- Cannabidiol can improve complex sleep-related behaviours associated with rapid eye movementsleep behaviour disorder in Parkinson’s disease patients
- Cannabidiol for the treatment of psychosis in Parkinson’s disease
- Symptom-relieving and neuroprotective effects of the phytocannabinoid Δ⁹-THCV in animal models of Parkinson’s disease
- Therapeutic potential of cannabinoids in CNS disease
- CB2 Receptors Activation Protects against Oxidative Stress and Neuroinflammation Associated Dopaminergic Neurodegeneration in Rotenone Model of Parkinson’s Disease
- Neurological aspects of medical use of CBD