At least 1 out of every three people has at least a mild form of insomnia. That means approximately 60 million Americans are affected by Insomnia each year. Scientists know relatively little about how chronic sleeplessness works. Also, why it disproportionately affects women and people over the age of 65. Scientists disagree on the best ways to treat it. In the long run, taking sleeping pills isn’t useful. But, research provides promising hope for alternative insomnia remedies. A benefit of CBD is its use as an alternative all-natural sleep aid. Finally, research shows the effects of CBD in helping people who have insomnia.
CBD has been known to have the ability to reduce anxiety, which can help lower sleep difficulties and improve sleep quality. Also, Cannabinoids can increase overall sleep amounts, and improve insomnia, according to two research studies. The studies referenced are, “Hypnotic and anti-epileptic effects of cannabidiol” and “Effects of acute systemic administration of cannabidiol on sleep-wake cycle in rats.”
So if you’re having trouble sleeping or have insomnia, research suggests CBD may be able to help. Also, we have provided enough research studies below for you to form your own opinion on whether or not CBD helps with insomnia. Finally, the research is overwhelmingly positive, and CBD is all-natural with minimal to no side effects. So remember the benefit of CBD is its use as an alternative insomnia remedy.
Sleep Disorders | Project CBD. https://www.projectcbd.org/condition/48/Sleep-Disorders
Research Hits Jackpot on CBD and Insomnia – Clinical Studies
Publishing of these studies was by the U.S. National Library of Medicine | National Institute of Health, a U.S. government health publishing website. Finally, please click one of the documents below to review full clinical studies.
- Effects of acute systemic administration of cannabidiol on sleep-wake cycle in rats
- Hypnotic and antiepileptic effects of cannabidiol
- The nonpsychoactive Cannabis constituent cannabidiol is a wake-inducing agent
- Cannabis, pain, and sleep: Lessons from therapeutic clinical trials of Sativex
- Effects of acute systemic administration of CBD on sleep-wake cycle in rats
- Effect of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol on nocturnal sleep and early-morning behavior in young adults
- CBD modulates sleep in rats
- Endocannabinoid modulation of cortical up-states and NREM sleep
- Intranodose ganglion injections of dronabinol attenuate serotonin-induced apnea in Sprague-Dawley rat
- Endocannabinoid Signaling Regulates Sleep Stability
- Cannabis, Cannabinoids, and Sleep: a Review of the Literature
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report.