PTSD? Hemp CBD is Beneficial in Treating
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is known to make people adapt poorly to a traumatic experience. 10% of people are affected by Post-traumatic stress disorder at some point in their life. Also, current pharmaceutical medications for PTSD have proven to be inefficient and can have severe side effects. A benefit of hemp CBD is reducing stress and anxiety which is associated with PTSD.
The endocannabinoid system has been discovered to have involvement in emotional memory processing. Also, medicinal manipulation of the endocannabinoid system signaling has become an accessible possibility for treating PTSD. Finally, Cannabidiol (CBD) has gained the most attention.
A preclinical study conducted on separate rodent behavioral models showed hemp CBD provided relief.
Frontiers | Cannabidiol as a Therapeutic Alternative for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: From Bench Research to Confirmation in Human Trials
Clinical Research Prove Benefits of CBD in Treating PTSD
Finally, these studies are from The U.S. National Library of Medicine | National Institute of Health, a U.S. government health publishing website. Please click one of the documents below to review full clinical studies.
- Cannabidiol as a Therapeutic Alternative for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: From Bench Research to Confirmation in Human Trials
- The endocannabinoid system provides an avenue for evidence-based treatment development for PTSD
- Reductions in circulating endocannabinoid levels in individuals with post-traumatic stress disorder following exposure to the world trade center attacks
- Enhancing cannabinoid neurotransmission augments the extinction of conditioned fear
- Modulation of Fear Memory by Dietary Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids via Cannabinoid Receptors
- Cannabinoid modulation of fear extinction brain circuits: A novel target to advance anxiety treatment
- A current overview of cannabinoids and glucocorticoids in facilitating extinction of aversive memories: potential extinction enhancers
- Cannabinoids and traumatic stress modulation of contextual fear extinction and GR expression in the amygdala-hippocampal-prefrontal circuit
- Non-antidepressant long-term treatment in post-traumatic stress disorder
- CBD Modulates Fear Memory Formation Through Interactions with Serotonergic Transmission in the Mesolimbic System
- Bidirectional Effects of CBD on Contextual Fear Memory Extinction
- CBD disrupts the consolidation of specific and generalized fear memories via dorsal hippocampus CB1 and CB2 receptors
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report