Epilepsy and Seizures? Hemp CBD Can Help
3 1/2 million people across the nation have Epilepsy, while 65 million suffer nationwide from the disease. Also, many of these people suffer from seizures. Hemp CBD can help reduce seizures. The statistic does not include the effects the condition has on their friends and family. Finally, according to Healthline.com, 1 in 26 people will develop epilepsy at some time in their lives.
People who have Epilepsy usually require potent medications to control their seizures. But some types of Epilepsy like Dravet syndrome, don’t respond well to conventional antiepileptic drugs (intractable epilepsy). In Dravet syndrome, patients suffer hundreds of seizures weekly due to this. Epilepsy can and does impact physical development and emotional and mental well being.
A study showed that hemp CBD is useful for intractable epilepsy, which was not responding well to traditional anti-epileptic drugs. The study was conducted with120 children that suffer from Dravet syndrome. Dravet syndrome is a drug-resistant and intractable epilepsy that has a high rate of mortality. Finally, in addition to all their traditional anti-epileptic medicines, the children received a CBD oral solution; meanwhile, some others got a placebo instead.
The results were astonishing. The children who ingested CBD had an extreme reduction in the frequency of their seizures compared to the kids who took the placebo.
If you’re not familiar with Haleigh’s story, it is just one of many famous accounts on using CBD for epilepsy. Haleigh had been suffering from extreme cerebral palsy and epilepsy. She did not respond to traditional anti-epileptic medications. Her parents learned about CBD’s researched effects on epilepsy and decided to try it for their young child. The entire family packed up their lives and moved to Colorado (where CBD is legal) to give their daughter a chance at living. Haleigh received high doses of CBD and other medicine. The treatment reduced the number of seizures Haleigh had and helped her control the seizures. Her story continues to give hope to all families who have a family member who suffers from this horrific disease. Read the full story at http://haleighshope.co/meet-haleigh/.
There are numerous stories like Haleigh’s that prove hemp CBD has positive effects on epilepsy. Taking CBD for epilepsy is not something to be taken lightly. Drug interactions are possible, and epilepsy is already a life-threatening illness. Be sure you talk to a doctor before using hemp CBD to help treat epilepsy, especially when the patient is a child. Also, be sure to research on your own. We have provided the relevant studies below. Look them over and form your personal opinion. Happy reading!
5 Interesting CBD Studies Done on Humans – CBD School. https://www.cbdschool.com/cbd-human-clinical-trials-you-should-know-about/
Epilepsy: Facts, Statistics, and You – Healthline.
Low doses of CBD liquid Eases Epilepsy Seizures – WebMD
Research Proves CBD Can Help With Epilepsy and Seizures – Clinical Studies
These studies are from The U.S. National Library of Medicine | National Institute of Health, a U.S. government health publishing website. Please click one of the documents below to review full clinical studies.
- CBD for children with Dravet’s and intractable seizures (Video)
- Cannabinoids for epilepsy
- Chronic administration of CBD to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients
- Endocannabinoid system protects against cryptogenic seizures
- Cannabidiol: Pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders
- Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy
- Cannabidivarin (CBDV) suppresses pentylenetetrazole (PTZ)-induced increases in epilepsy-related gene expression
- CBD exerts anti-convulsant effects in animal models of temporal lobe and partial seizures
- Cannabidiol displays antiepileptiform and antiseizure properties in vitro and in vivo
- Hypnotic and antiepileptic effects of CBD
- The cannabinoids as potential antiepileptics
- Pharmacology of cannabinoids in the treatment of epilepsy
- Therapeutic effects of cannabinoids in animal models of seizures, epilepsy, epileptogenesis, and epilepsy-related neuroprotection
- Report from a Survey of Parents Regarding the Use of Cannabidiol in Mexican Children with Refractory Epilepsy.
- Protective Effects of Cannabidiol against Seizures and Neuronal Death in a Rat Model of Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- Could Cannabidiol be a Treatment Option for Intractable Childhood and Adolescent Epilepsy?